It is very important to have goals in life. We may only progress by virtue of these goals. On the other hand, a very important factor in reaching these goals is believing. Nothing can prevent someone who actually believes that he/she can achieve. It is this self-confidence that paves the way to success. The power of belief is all important. Dr. Carol Dweck, author of “Mindset”, talks about two different types of mindset. One of these is the “Fixed Mindset”, and people with a fixed mindset believe that intelligence is static, avoid challenges, give up easily, see effort as fruitless and feel threatened by the success of others. The other is the “Growth Mindset” and people with a growth mindset believe that intelligence can be developed. This creates a structure that is open to learning, that embraces challenges, that uses effort and that learns from its mistakes. Having a “Growth Mindset” is important for success.
In terms of believing and succeeding, the “Growth Mindset” has three important pillars.
- Scientific data support this notion. Neurology has already shown us that intelligence can be developed.
- With this mindset, we can not only learn ourselves, but also teach others.
- The “Growth Mindset” represses the “Fixed Mindset” as well.
- Self-believe and self-confidence are the backbones of success. How can we do this?
- You are already successful: In life, there are situations when each and every one of us succeeds or fails. In order to believe in yourself, you must focus not on failures but on accomplishments. Successful people never consider their failures as failures. They are all experiences.
- Set written objectives and make plans: You will see it better when you write it down. Your mind well get clearer as you see. Never be afraid. Fear is the biggest enemy of belief. The most efficient means of avoiding fear is to make your mind clearer.
- Know yourself: Everyone has an aspect open to improvement. However, you will know this only if you know yourself. You can forge ahead on your road to success by working on any aspects you want to improve.
- Gain Experience: Gaining experience through practical applications will convince you that you can do something. Experience is one of the primary keys to success.
- “The Power of Belief – Mindset and Success: Eduardo Briceno” at TEDxManhattanBeach
- Slechta R. Believe yourself to success. Leadership Management International. lmi-inc.com